Apprentice or Journeyman
Apprentice or Journeyman Position
The Apprentice or Journeyman will work under the supervision of our company Electrician.
- Communicates, including asking for clarification and reporting back after a task.
- Assists Electrician in completing supervised work which complies with NEC Code
- Assists Electrician in Installing and testing Fire Alarm and Communications Systems.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Installing and repairing electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installing conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Installing circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connecting wiring to them.
- Connecting electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Inspecting electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to follow directions, as most jobs begin with a blueprint that details where electrical devices need to be installed
- Must be organized and analytical
- Job involves occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Need to be able to act on the instructions from a supervisor and work well alone or as a member of a team.
Education, Credentials, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 12V – 480V experience a plus, Motor-control wiring a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Coop Retirement Plan and 401(k)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
- Educational Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Apparel program
- Electrician Apprentice (Preferred)